Sunday, April 26, 2015

What MODs Would You Buy?


Quick, What Mods would you actually spend money on?


For under $10 I'd buy:
MODs that are essentially a new game.










For under $5 I'd buy:
Massive Expansions
i.e just like Falskaar, which adds hours and hours of content, new quests with voice acting even!  New spells, items, etc.  However, just like how some workshops items are introduced into the public client, I would want these expansions to be maintained by the developers of the games and to be "quality controlled".  We see this in TF2 and DOTA 2.


For under $1 I'd buy
Single levels.
maybe it is a single dungeon or quest line,  maybe it is a collection of items with unique features.







For cents I'd buy
a single item or unique texture pack.









I think it is awesome that Steam wants us to spotlight mods and give revenue to the makers for creating them, but I feel pricing needs to be regulated as well as how they apply to be listed.




No comments:

Post a Comment